Sennin Group welcomes the use of our published content upon obtaining necessary permissions from us.
If you are using an excerpt or selection from one of our books you must secure written permission from us. All requests for material must be submitted by email to:
We cannot accept requests by telephone, fax, or to personal e-mail boxes. Submit your request as early as possible. Due to the volume of requests we receive, our turnaround for response is approximately 4-6 weeks. Do not submit duplicate requests.
We do not allow editing or re-titling of any selection. Your selection must be reproduced verbatim, as a continuous, uninterrupted excerpt, without alteration, deletion, editing, abridgement or condensation. You must maintain original line breaks for poetry and maintain complete paragraphs and sections for prose. Please review your selection carefully before you submit your request, making sure that it meets these requirements. If space constraints are a concern, consider requesting permission for a shorter excerpt, making sure that it is unedited.
Your request must be complete. If your request is not complete, we will not be able to process it. Please provide all of the following information (as applicable):
Information about our book:
- Title and author of our book
- ISBN (the number on the back cover above the bar code)
- The poem or story title, page numbers or detailed description of the material from our book which you wish to use. For untitled excerpts you must provide the beginning and end phrases, as well as page numbers. For large amounts of poetry or prose in a scholarly work please provide approximate line counts and/or word counts.
- Photocopy of the material in context (i.e. pages from your manuscript showing material used)
Information about your project:
- Title and author of your book
- Publisher of your book
- Expected date of publication (month and/or season)
- Type or format (hardcover print, paperback print, periodical, audio, ebook, website, etc)
- Print run (initial and lifetime)
- Territory of distribution (e.g. US & Canada, world, etc)
- List price
- Page count
- Text or trade or scholarly
If you are requesting permission for multiple formats (e.g. paperback and e-book), please include all the above information about each format.
If your project involves performance of any kind (e.g. film, television, play, broadcast, live reading, music, etc) please provide as much information as possible about the use.
- Full name
- Street address or P.O. Box
- City, State, zip code
- Email address
Please allow 6 weeks for a response.